Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stop And Smell The Roses

It's Father's Day! So why am I posting a photo of roses? Well, my dad taught me that it's always worth it to stop and smell the roses. If we're driving down our street at sunset or on a beautiful, clear day, he always stops in this one spot, just to take in the view. He doesn't speed by or take it for granted. He's that kind of guy. (That kind of guy is the best.)

I also want to talk about my mom, because I didn't write a Mother's Day post. If my dad got me to stop and smell a flower, my mom got me to appreciate its subtlties in color, texture, and scent. She's an amazing artist and she tackles every project (painting, soap-making, cake decorating) with gusto. She taught me that it's important to try, and that if it doesn't work out you can try again.

I took this picture yesterday at Eric's parents' house. We went to spend time with his parents and do some laundry. When we got there we found out that it was their 28th anniversary (oops, our bad!). We had a really great day, too. The forecast said rain, but that didn't happen. We ate lunch on the deck, went for a great walk, and then had a delcious dinner! I'm so glad we went yesterday, because today was all rainy and grey.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails