Friday, June 12, 2009

Making The Bed

I've been making the bed everyday since I got laid off. I never used to make the bed.

Well, I've discovered that my mom was right. Getting into a nicely made bed is so much more relaxing than getting into a jumble of sheets and blankets. It's not like it's hard to make the bed. I don't do any hospital corners or anything, I just straighten out the blankets and arrange the pillows. It takes like 35 seconds. Easy peasy.

Today's question: Do you make your bed? Why or why not?

Wondering what the picture has to do with making the bed? Those are our sheets. Girly, I know, but I love them. I actually got them before Eric and I moved in togther, and since sheets are expensive I wasn't about to get rid of them! I got them four of five years ago, and they're a mix and match set. I chose a pink fitted sheet and red pillow cases. The only problem with these sheets is that they aren't as luxuriously soft as our set that's made with organic cotton.

Happy Friday.

4 comments:

Art Wall Katie said...

I used to never make the bed but lately I have been every day and I love it, although every now and then I like to leave it a big mess.

Sara said...

I've been making our bed everyday since then too! I love walking by our bedroom and seeing how neat and pretty our bed looks and, you're right, it's much nicer getting into a made bed!

gramma said...

I have retrogressed. I was always fussy about making my bed and putting on the bedspread. Now, I do straighten the sheets because I could never get into and unmade bed, but I do not bother with the spread. Nobody complains, there is just me, myself and I.

Anonymous said...

It's KC - I always make the bed. I can't stand getting into an un-made bed and it makes everything look 100 times neater without having to clean a thing, just because the bed is made. I also don't do fancy corners, i just make sure the comforter hangs lower than the sheets so it looks neat :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails