Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Healthy Eating

I've been eating out more than usual, so I'm being extra careful about my meals this week. It helps that I recently discovered the blog Carrots 'n' Cake (I actually know the author!), which is definitely inspiring me to be healthy. I've also found that I'm more dedicated to healthy eating and exercise when I keep track of what I eat and how much I exercise. Taking the time to document makes me think twice about everything -and that's good. Soooo, I started a free account with Fit Day.

This is what I've had for lunch the past two days.
Cottage cheese, 1 slice of turkey, 2 thin slices of American cheese, 1/2 an avocade, and 1/2 a grapefruit. There are so many different things that it's really satisfying, but it's also healthy.

Tonight we had portobello mushroom burgers, and they were so, so, sooooooo delicious! It was the first time I ever made them, and I was really pleased with the result. We topped them with cheese, avocado, tomato, onion, lettuce, mustard, and ketchup - no buns. I also made my first (very simple) cole slaw: red cabbage, shredded carrots, mayo, and apple cidar vinegar.

Okay, enough about food! What else have I been doing? Well this morning I lined envelopes and wrote up a tutorial over on Everything Little Miss. I've also been designing cards like mad. I'm just about done with 3 or 4 new designs. I'm really excited!

In other news, today is Sara and Marcel's 2 year anniversary! Want to know how he proposed? Sara wrote all about it today! Happy anniversary!

What have you been eating? Has the summer weather (non-existent today) inspired you to get healthy? I really and truly want to know!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Besides the grapefruit (you know what I think that tastes like) that looks absolutely DELICIOUS!! YUM!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! :) Marcel got out early because of the rainy day and we had a wonderful evening together! Now I have a belly full of yummy Italian food and wine, and a heart full of love. Gonna sleep well tonight!

gramma said...

Good eating. Too, bad that too few people pay attention to what they put in their mouths.
I am interested in the recipe for the portobello mushroom burger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails