Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Wedding




The Schwarz and I were in North Adams this weekend because Sara's little sister got married! She married her high school sweetheart after 9 1/5 years of courtship. They started dating when she was freshman in high school and the groom, who was in my class, was a junior. Wow, huh? 

They had a full catholic mass, and the ceremony was lovely. The wedding party looked great, and the couples' parents were glowing. The reception was at Berkshire Hills Country Club. I think a good time was had by all. It was like a mini high school reunion, so it was fun to catch up with friends. 

It was freezing outside, but there was something completely gorgeous about the sun bouncing off of the snow outside and the bride's white dress, the white linens, and soft candlelight inside. 

I was lucky enough to dance with the bride's father, and it was one of my favorite moments of the evening. During our dance, he told me that The Schwarz is a great guy, which really meant a lot to me (he's right, of course). 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails