Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Life Is What You Make Of It"



I took these photos on December 28, 2008, when I brought flowers to Tom's memorial in North Adams. I'm posting them today, because February 7 is the anniversary of his death. I cannot believe it's been seven years since we last spoke. I can still hear his voice when I think about him. 

He continues to inspire me on a daily basis. He was the type of person who said "life is what you make of it," and then went out and did things. Sometimes I see a ray of sunlight and I imagine he's watching over me. Other times, it's the way a leaf blows, just so, in the wind. 

Today I am sad; every year this is my most difficult day. But even on this day, this seven year anniversary, I smile when I think of Tom.  

"The day will be decided in action, not words." -Tom Sheehan

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm thinking of Tom today too.

Amanda took Ryan down to the memorial while he was home for Christmas and he was so happy to see the flowers there. She told me that she knew they were from you because they were orange. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails