Friday, April 10, 2009

Mailboxes

Well this is something you don't see everyday. Yesterday afternoon I had my window open and I thought I heard the mail truck, so I turned around to look. I was sorta right. It was a mail truck, just not one delivering mail. It was just driving by with a bunch of new mailboxes! And they were shrink-wrapped. Hahaha. I grabbed my camera as quickly as I could and managed to get this picture. I have no idea where they were going. When I went for a walk I made a point of looking at all the mailboxes and none of them looked new. 

The postal service is a mystery to me. Not just these mailboxes - the whole thing. It seems very complex. I would love to see how they sort the mail. How does international mail work? Are postal workers impressed by nice looking packages? Do they read postcards? If I saw something addressed to Post Secret I'd totally read it. If a customer is rude, do postal workers delay (or "lose") the package? I'm sure that's not allowed. How much mail is there? Do the delivery people feel sorry for customers who only get junk mail and bills?

Okay, that's all for now. Please leave comments if you have answers!  I'm pretty curious today (as usual). 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails