Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flowers On A Tree In Blue

This afternoon we went to HBS for day one of the Admitted Students Welcome. In all of the literature, Eric is my "student" (sounds like I'm his mom or something) and I'm his "partner." However, when we got there all of the name tags looked the same, I got a t-shirt that says HBS class of 2011, and nobody could tell that I was a partner (rather than a student). So that was a little awkward. Especially when people started asking where I worked and my answer was "well, I was laid off in January." Of course I followed that with "but I'm starting my own design business called Everything Little Miss." It was a large crowd and I think I was a tad overwhelmed by it all. 

Once we split into small groups for dinner, I felt much more comfortable. We ate at Spice with a current student and two other admitted students. The current student told us about her experiences so far this year. She answered all of our questions honestly and was really very helpful. It was interesting to hear the other students' questions and also learn about their interviews. 

Tomorrow our day starts at 7:00 am with a continental breakfast. Dinner is at 7:00 pm. It's going to be a long day, so I doubt we'll have time to post.

Oh yeah! The photo. I took this picture on the campus. Our little Minolta is on its last legs, and I'm not sure what happened here, but I adore the outcome! Blue! I think it's a cherry tree or something like that. Am I close?

Last but not least, today I posted part 2 of my Lost In Thoughts series and about a masthead I designed. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails