Thursday, October 15, 2009

Working Hard

This week I am a busy little bee. The phone's been ringing off the hook for my day job, I've been designing letterhead for my dad in my spare time, and I've been adjusting to life back in Boston (translation: I still haven't unpacked from my week in North Adams and I'm half living out of a suitcase).

I've also been spending extra time in the kitchen. On Tuesday I baked oatmeal raisin cookie bars (I used butter instead of margarine and put all the dough into a 9"x13" pan to make the bars) for my very first book club meeting. Yesterday I made my first "lasagna." It was actually lasagna-style baked ziti (my substitution: elbows instead of ziti and ground turkey instead of beef). It was yummmmmmmy! Tonight I made chocolate chip cookies (weirdly, this was another first for me and I opted to omit the walnuts) for Eric to bring to a pot luck dessert meeting.

*It's Thursday. Know what that means? Lost In Thoughts, the Everything Little Miss weekly inspiration series, is all new!



1 comment:

gramma said...

Amazing! All that cooking and baking in a very small oven.
Yes, yes, yes-always use butter in cookies. Butter is better..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails