Monday, January 19, 2009

Trying Something New

Well this is a first. I bought anchovies! Can you believe it? I wanted to try this new recipe I found in a Martha Stewart magazine, and it called for one can of these ugly little fish. It's still in the oven, so I'm hoping it's as delicious as it looked in the magazine. There were only two brands to choose from, so I grabbed these because they're flat (as opposed to rolled). 

It's funny because The Schwarz and I were just talking about anchovies yesterday. I was telling him that I'd never tried them, but that I wanted to buy some because the cans are so interesting. He's had them, because his cousin used to eat them right out of the can when she was little (I don't know if she's still a fan, I'll have to ask her). 

More importantly, happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. His birthday was the 15th, but he is honored on the third Monday in January. He would have been 80 this year. I hope you took some time today to reflect on the positive impact he had on our country. You can read a short biography of MLK on the Nobel Prize website.

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent." 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a spice-loving gramma. Anchovies are high on my list of yummy foods.
Martin Luther King is on my list of great Americans.
I have thought so from the start.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails