Monday, January 26, 2009

Think We Can Swim Across?

Today I decided to play around with Aperture Priority mode on my camera. After explaining how to adjust the aperture to little miss spy's Dad, I thought that I should experiment with it myself. Little miss spy's Mom gave me these knights in shining armor, because I worked with arms and armor at The Wallace Collection during my semester abroad. Using my extensive knowledge of staging (I got an "A" in Theater 100 at UMass), I've created a dynamic scene of two soldiers arguing, while their comrades look on. By changing the aperture, I threw the background out of focus, isolated the arguing pair, and thus heightened the already immense tension of the scene.

The soldiers, of course, would be a lot more intimidating if they were bigger than a bottle cap.

6 comments:

*sara* said...

hahahahaha LOVE IT!

Kerrie said...

Hi Ms. May: I can't believe how busy you've been with this blog. I feel like an intruder reading through it, but I was cleaning out my inbox and I came across a message from you telling me about your new blog...Objects of Communication. I have to say, I love this blog! The creativity, photography and well, little blogs by you are priceless! I should be correcting papers right now but I am too busy being enthralled by your blog!

little miss spy said...

Oh thank you Kerrie! This particular post is actually by Eric (I'm trying to get him to post more often), but I do love this blog. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! You just totally made my day :)

Kerrie said...

Oh, it is a collective effort by The Schwartz and Little Miss Spy...I get it...Wow...even more impressive!

little miss spy said...

:) lol

beebabz said...

love the headline!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails