Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Break {Part 2}

Saturday we went for a short hike in the woods. The great thing about hikes on the Vineyard is that the goal is always a beautiful beach. As we approached the sand we saw a few rock sculptures. This one really seemed to defy gravity.

stacked rocks on the beach

After spending some time exploring the water's edge, we continued our hike. We climbed up a small hill and looked out over the ocean. The trees are all bent from the sea breeze.

ocean view

After the hike, we went back to the house and we all read/napped on the beach for a while. The weather was just amazing; I still can't believe how beautiful it was. In the evening we headed to The Net Result to pick up some lobsters and oysters for dinner (I had fried clams and coleslaw since I'm not a huge fan of lobster fan or oysters).

lobster

While we waited for the lobsters to be steamed we walked around Gannon & Benjamin's looking at the boats they're working on. It was so cool! The tools they use look like they've been around for a really long time.

gannon and benjamin's

Eric's grandfather joined us for our decadent dinner. He's an amazing guy, and he told us some really interesting stories. Eric and Mike ending up talking to him for long time after dinner while Brooke and I cleaned up and played some games.

lobster dinner

Sunday, I woke up to watch the sunrise. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. I spent a few hours sitting in a sunny spot on the couch reading and enjoying my last morning of vacation.

sunrise 21 march 2010

After everybody else got up and ate breakfast, we cleaned up the house and spent some time in downtown Vineyard Haven. Most of the stores were closed because it was Sunday + the off season, but I did manage to get a gift for a friend (I had something specific in mind and her birthday was soooo long ago). After lunch it was time to say good-bye. It was hard to leave! It was warm enough to spend the ferry ride outside, which is always the best.

tug boat

Eric and I will be back soon enough (I hope!). See more pictures of our trip on my flickr.

seagull

*It's Thursday, so head on over to the ELM blog for some sunny inspiration.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails