Monday, September 21, 2009

Apple, Cheddar & Thyme Galette

We went apple picking on Saturday. I really enjoy walking trough the orchard and choosing my own fruit. It makes the baking that follows more special somehow.

This year I had a new apple recipe to try out. I found it on the beautiful fresh365.

I will make it again, but next time I will use half as much salt is the recipe calls for (in fact, I may try it without adding any salt at all), because I found the salt pretty overwhelming. I think I generally use less salt in my cooking, so this could just be a personal preference. Anyway, I really enjoyed all of the other flavors, so I do want to give it another try.

It was weird to eat something that looked like dessert, but tasted like dinner. It's definitely a savory dish. I had a lot of fun, and it was my very first time using puff pastry. Overall, I'd call the experience a success!

I also made applesauce, because it's my favorite! New comers, you can check out my gramma's fabulous recipe right here.

4 comments:

Sara said...

OMG that looks amazingly delicious!

Unknown said...

Sara, you should try making it. You're a great baker! :)

gramma said...

Applesauce season is upon us and I made my first batch the other day.
I have been eating all of the luscious summer fruits which are nono for me, but could not resist.
Applesauce is more acceptable and I do love it, too. So bye,bye pineapple, cherries, grapes, melons, I'm back on the wagon.

dad said...

am

looking forward to your time with us..hopefully we will experience some of your cooking skills and recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails