Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Saturday Full Of Work + Play

Yesterday, Eric was doing some school stuff, so I caught a ride to HBS to do some work before meeting a friend in Harvard Square. I enjoy working at the school, because it's a nice change of scenery. Spangler was deserted and peaceful; no distractions whatsoever.

the spangler center, hbs

I worked quickly, and then headed to Harvard Square early to spend some time in the sunshine. I bought myself an iced tea lemonade, and found a nice spot to read in Harvard Yard

reading in harvard yard

It really felt like fall, and so many people were out enjoying the weather. There were kids running around, people working at outdoor tables, groups of new students looking slightly lost and amazed, and tourists everywhere.

a long shoe

Somebody lost a shoe. But quite frankly, I think these are a fashion travesty, so at the end of the day it's not a huge loss. 

a busker in harvard square

At 2:00 it was time to meet up with my friend. How lucky that we had arranged to meet right where this busker was performing! I was a few minutes early, and I got to enjoy his singing up close and personal. He was quite good.

I spent the late afternoon with Eric, and then took him out to dinner. Afterwards, he treated me to ice cream. Aren't we just too cute?

I hope you all are enjoying the brisk weather and the seasonal changes; just another reason to love New England! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails