Monday, July 26, 2010

Birthday Party From Afar

Most of the time, it's easy to forget that I live in a city. Our tiny road has several small apartment complexes and the surrounding streets are filled with similar buildings and a good number of multi-family homes. It's quiet around here, and that's pretty great. But we don't have a yard, or even any grass. Just some weirdly fenced-in wood chips out front, and a parking lot in the back. So in the summer, if I want to spend some time reading in the sun, I have to pack a bag and walk a few blocks to the park. I am joined by others who read and picnic and listen to their iPods on towels and blankets scattered all over the hill. We're all there for the same reason, I presume: to spend some time outdoors and it's closer than the beach.


On Saturday, there was a little birthday party going on at the house right next to the park. There were a bunch of kids running around chasing balloons and playing games. It was an overcast afternoon, so there weren't many people sunbathing and the kids had a lot of space. Birthday parties used to be so awesome with all the fun decorations, games, arts + crafts, and running around like maniacs. 

I only had my Blackberry with me, so this is the best picture I could get from a distance. I polaroid-ized it, which made it a little awesome-er.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails