I was so excited to finally wear my awesome costume in public! Eric looked great, too! I've been thinking about these costumes since last year when I saw this on Martha Stewart.
When I found out that Brooke and Mike didn't have costumes, I put my thinking cap on. Yesterday afternoon Brooke and I set out on a mission while Eric and Mike were at school taking a class (9 - 5). Curious about the results of our shopping trip?
We all piled into Eric's car and headed to a friend's for a little party (and a lot of candy). It was a great night, and I totally loved my cape. I just might wear it around the house year-round - it's that cool!
Little Red Riding Hood
- cape: my mom made it from curtains she salvaged from a restaurant that went out of business
- dress: $4.00 at Good Will (children's section = better deal!)
- tights: $0.25 at Good Will (un-used in original packaging)
- shoes & basket: I already owned these
Big Bad Wolf
- sweatshirt: $20.00 at Label Shopper
- ears & tail: my mom made them out of sheepskin we already had (how ironic!), a wire hanger (to give the ears structure), and some $0.20 felt from WalMart
- whiskers: I made them from pipe cleaners from variety pack that was $3.00 at Michael's
- fangs: $12.99 at some Halloween store
- claws: $11.99 at some Halloween store
- pants & boots: Eric already owned these
- curlers (taken out before photos, but awesome): I already owned them
- nightgown: $15.00 at Marshalls
- slippers: Brooke's
- plaid shirt: $15.00 (I think) at Target
- ax: $4.00 at some Halloween store (it was a grim reaper thingy, so I shortened it at home)
- pants, belt, shoes: Mike's
I think we did a pretty good job reusing things we already own and making things work. Thanks mom, for ALL of your help with our costumes!