Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Pink House

On Martha's Vineyard there's a sweet collection of houses known as the Gingerbread Cottages. Although I've been visiting the Vineyard for several years now, this past summer was the first time I took a tour of this section of Oak Bluffs. The very first time I saw The Pink House I was with The Schwarz's mom. I wish I'd had my camera then, because there was laundry hanging out to dry in the back yard and the towels matched the color of the house exactly! 

The houses were so sweet that I had to go back, camera in hand. I don't know much about the history of the houses, but I know that they are built on an old campground. I believe I heard that that they were built when the jigsaw was new, which is why they have all of the intricate woodwork that makes them so beautiful and unique. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails