Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ingrid Michaelson At House Of Blues

Last Tuesday (holy cow! that's already one week ago!), I went to see Ingrid Michaelson at House of Blues. It was my third Ingrid concert, but my first without my sister. It wasn't quite the same, but still wonderful. 

guggenheim grotto 12 oct 2010

Guggenheim Grotto opened for her, and my friend and I both thought they were great. It's always so nice when the opening act is enjoyable! They were charming, their music was catchy, and they were so, so very Irish. Super cute. 

ingrid michaelson 12 oct 2010

There was a long wait between Grotto and Ingrid due to some technical difficulties. That meant I had to defend my territory (standing room only) when late-comers showed up and tried to get close to the stage. But once Ingrid came on, all that was forgotten. 

We stood for about 5 hours straight, counting waiting in line to get in, the opening act, Ingrid, and standing in line for a T-shirt at the end. It was so much more awesome than it sounds, though. When Eric picked us up afterward, I couldn't stop smiling and I talked non-stop about how great it was! That's a sign of a great evening out, if you ask me. 

ingrid michaelson + band 12 oct 2010

She was funny (above, she and her band are posing like rock stars) and engaging and she sang all of my favorite songs. I can't ask for much more than that! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails