You guys. Do you know what happened today? Eric took his 5th four hour final of the semester, which means he has officially completed his first year at Harvard Business School!
Just over a year ago we found out that he was accepted; I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. In that time
- we spent more non-work-related time in Cambridge (even though HBS is on our side of the river) than the previous 3 years combined
- Eric read thousands (my estimate) of pages of cases
- we had to make shelf space for giant binders filled with the aforementioned cases
- we attended two (!) formal dances (see pictures here and here)
- we were reminded how awesome it is to have spring break
- we made some wonderful friends*
- we both laughed and learned and grew
Oh, and in case you couldn't tell, I'm really proud of Eric. He has taken school seriously and has embraced the case method; I know that he learned a lot and enjoyed his classes. Next year will be really different, but I think we're both looking forward to seeing how it will all unfold.
*Speaking of friends, I wrote about my HBS book club on the ELM blog today.